A modern browser is required to use this site. Please use the latest version of one of the following browsers:
Live Performance Music Direction
Understand the steps to direct amazing live performances.
Grant Zubritsky is a musician, music director, and producer who has works with Dua Lipa, Lorde and Verite to name a few. In this course, Grant explains the most important steps in becoming a Live Performance Music Director in the modern music business. In 22 lessons, Grant details how to communicate with the performing artist(s), the vocabulary of digital live performance, and demonstrates how to use Ableton as a live performance powerhouse for your sets. Course Run Time (1h 54m)
- Learn all about live performance music direction.
- Learn to organize and prepare a track(s) from recording for live performance.
- Acquire techniques on how to integrate technology both digital and analog with live musicians and talent.
- Learn how to use different forms of direction to fit your act such as "Solo Artist" or "DJ Show".
- Learn to collaborate with talent remotely and going through a final checklist/rehearsal to make sure the show is ready.
Organization and Workflow For Live Performance Music DirectionIn this step, Grant discusses the steps of performance set up, stem prep and organization, and live performance playback.
Arranging Your Live Performance in Ableton LiveIn this step, Grant discusses alternate live versions, arrangement view vs. session view, and using the setlist plugin in Ableton Live.
Using Ableton Live to Add to the Live PerformanceIn this step, Grant demonstrates navigating through arrangement and session view, external drum samplers for Live Performances, and using the chain selector.
Enhancing The Live Performance with Sound Design and EffectsIn this step, Grant discusses sound design for live performance, live vocal effects, and programming medleys, mashup-ups and interludes.
Working With Solo Acts, Final Steps and Working From AfarIn this step, Grant demonstrates how to program solo shows, preparing for DJ an hybrid live sets, final rehearsals, and remote collaborations.
DJ and Live Performance